Tuesday, December 27, 2011

We Now Return To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

Apparently a lot has happened since our last post. The holiday season has entered phase two (you know, scream at the TV while cursing the BCS, drinking beverages, and watching things go boom in the night air), the "I'm So Ronery" guy from that Team America movie died (the real one, I'm sure the puppet is just fine), steelhead have decided to move into pretty much every system with a connection to the saltwater, I made it back from Texas, and  it's raining...wait ignore that last one...it was doing that before.

As for the lack of posting. I was gone the past few weeks and since I wasn't doing anything fishing related and was otherwise indisposed, our blog went dark. Now that I am back, let's work on getting back to semi-daily posts, instructions and such. Shall we? I think we shall.

First order of business. And quite honestly the most important piece. The winter issue of  The Drake Magazine has come out and as usual, it is nothing short of spectacular.

The steelhead are coming! The steelhead are coming! I come back from Texas and everyone tells me how awesome the steelheading has been, well, just about everywhere. The OP has been great and the Snoqualmie, oh mah gawd, the Snoqualmie has been producing. You know it's a good year when the Snoqualmie hands out fish like a Vegas streetside flyer dude. I suspect if the weather holds up, the fishing will only get better. Everywhere west of the mountains has been fishing good to great so, you know, maybe you should peel yourself off the couch and get after it.

Lastly. There is a new movie coming out soon that seems intriguing. It's called Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. It seems borderline chick flick territory (Not that there's anything wrong with that! Put down the spey rod! Put it down!) but it has fly-fishing, albeit weird two-handed overhead British style fly-fishing and an interesting plot. Anyway here is the trailer.



















That's all I have for today. Coming up tomorrow will be a new fly-tying 101 session and the blog shall be kept up as much as my wee little brain can handle here from henceforth.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and/or Holiday season. I hope you didn't eat half the house and can still fit out the front door and all that good stuff.

We shall return back to our regular scheduled programming now. Also. If there is a fly you would like instructions on how to tie. Post a comment to this and we shall load it into the queue and possibly even make a video for that specific one on this blog.

That's all for now, carry on and may the Force be with you.

Feed Fish Flies, Not Toxins.
-RB

No comments: